Building my first high powered computer please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, the from section looks bad.

Okay thanks for the tips guys, I was from the start going to get AMD but this guy said AMD "overall" tend to overheat and have more problems.

this guy is either straight out lying or has his facts very VERY wrong. AMD processors run on average far cooler than Intel processors (granted they have a lower max temp threshold though). Intel processors have more overheating protection but they still tend to overheat more than AMD's. apologies over reccomending the 3200+, like trotter said that cpu is a dual core but i didn't pick it up because it was late when i responded. i would reccomend the x2 3800+ which will anhillate that 3.0ghz pentium D. for gaming i would reccomend at least a 6800gs. for the motherboard look at the DFI NF4 Infinity/LanParty range.

Okay you have really talked me into AMD you sure you guys are not sponsored by them lol ^^

Anyway, i'll change my sytem around a bit to suit my budget then I will get you guys to comment on it again.

thanks

For AMD, I'd recommend an Opteron 165 if you plan to overclock. If you're not going to overclock, a 3800+ would be a good choice for DUAL CORE POWER! Also, drop the 6800. If you haven't bought anything yet, switch to 7600 GT. It's a moderate improvement over the 6800, if a little more expensive.

Actually, the case you had picked out is a very nice case (I recommend it often). It has a great PSU, plenty of room, and good airflow.

this guy is either straight out lying or has his facts very VERY wrong.

Sounds like your friend doesn't know his rectum from a hole in the ground. AMD CPUs run way cooler than Intels, and have for quite a while.

um yea.......like i said, buy a seperate CPU, preferably an Enermax, OCZ, or Antec. Its just not worh the risk to get a Case w/ PSU. Dont cheap out on ur PSU. DONT DONT DONT! if something happens with the PSU u just lost a whole Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom