Building first gaming PC

xxBringTheNoise

Beta member
Making my first gaming PC and I think I've got some good value for money parts and was wondering what kind of stuff this PC could be running, and at what settings. Like, what settings it could run Skyrim at. Also, if you find any parts that don't work with one another, then please tell me, because I don't really know anything about computers :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/39871ed48eb44c3d81ad4a516acd2d22

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't see any compatibility issues and the 7850 should be able to get around 60 FPS with skyrim maxed out or at the very least close to maxed out.

although what you have works, the only thing I'd really change is the power supply. I like versatility just in case so I'd go for one with two 6+2pin PCI-E connectors since they are pretty easy to find around the same price. This is just in case you decide to upgrade your GPU in the future or decide to get a different 7850 model and not notice that it requires an 8pin (rare for a 7850 but I believe I have seen one or two). A 4+4pin CPU connector is also good to have (if you decide to switch power supplies). The one you have here has both a 4pin and a 8pin so that's basically the same thing.

it sounds like Silverstone tends to make better quality PSUs. It may not have two 6+2pin connectors but it has one 6-pin and one 6+2pin which is all you'd really need if you wanted that versatility "just in case". I think the only graphic cards that currently need two 8pins are in the $1,000 range or are older power hungry models no1 cares about anymore.

at least 500watts is a good amount to have to as long as its a good quality PSU which it appears to be. even if a graphic cards specification recommends 550-600watts, it really won't need it because most systems don't use as much energy as they used too, plus you'll likely still have plenty of extra wattage room for some overclocking if you ever get into it in the future especially for the 7850 since it doesn't require much power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom