building first comp

TSS_custom

Baseband Member
ya gonna make my first computer and wanted to know besides the antistatiac wristbands what can i do. Also when putting the mother board in to the case after the risers do i put washers or something i looked around on google but never stated anything about that.

When putting in your motherboard your gonna need standoffs(look like rubber washers)between the case and the motherboard.You'll also need aditional supplies like; Silver-based thermal paste, proper heatsink&fan, not to mention all the parts you want in your rig...

Any more questions?

static damage is way over rated- Ive built hundreds of computers and have as yet to lose one to static electricty- ive assembeled them on carpets-Just don't drop screws into the unit with it turned on.-most heatsinks for cpu's come pre thermal padded.

Yeah; when I come downstairs when I want to watch TV and do something with a Computer my Dad is always 'Ah! Put your Static Wristband on' I've juggled the two harddrives I'm using now - don't be scared to touch anything or bother with Static Leads or what your computer is put on.

Ya my parts came and a i succesfuly put it to gether the first time and ran it with no problems put windows and now its real fast especialy surprised from the vid card i got the one i showed in my other thread and it plays unreal full res no lag and my other games. thnx for the suggestions everyone.

Back
Top Bottom