Building computer

linux definitely have good core management.
i don't think the extra 266mhz on the RAM is gonna do much, however if he can fine some good RAM with that speed and still running with the same CasL as the Kingston hyperX blu for the same (or almost the same) price, he should definitely do that.

the CPU comes with i cooler. It's just there are so many better coolers out there.
in your case you properly don't need to buy a 3-party cooler.
it's more for enthusiasts and people who overclock.

Well, getting a different cooler then the stock, can be helpful in multiple way other then Overclocking. Stock coolers are usually loud. If you buy a new one, it will be quieter, and will cool a little bit better. Because the stock ones usually just provide minimum cooling capabilities, so with a rig like that, you will pretty much need a new cooler. Because stock will never keep a rig that that cool.

yeah you can get coolers that operate quieter, but the stuck cooler actually isn't that loud compared to some of the high performance once.
and if he is not overclocking at all, then the stuck will do the job. i have had the stuck cooler for my old i7 for 1½ year with no problems, but when i started overclocking i immediately noticed that it didn't do a good enough job.

Back
Top Bottom