Building a Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno66

Beta member
Hey, I am new here and kind of new to website building. I was wondering if anybody can give me a step by step process in building a website.

I'll start but someone else is going to have to finish.

first you have to get someone to host your website. I recommend Register 4 Less | Domain Name Registration, Free Whois Privacy and Free Web Hosting or Register 4 Less | Domain Name Registration, Free Whois Privacy and Free Web Hosting, their less than $20 a year, not month, you get to have 5mb storage and unlimited email addresses directed where ever you want them.

more than enough for what I need.

what I did is made a .jpg page and just uploaded it there. www.cybersspot.com

I will follow this thread to learn to build a better website myself. I haven't figured out how to make links and all but my website is just to get info out.

the downfalls to doing it my way is when google crawles it, it just finds the image and that's it. I did put all that text in my website so when google crawles it it should find it, but like I said, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

there's a lot of different avenue's to building a website and it's not the kind of thing that you can be given a step by step process and come out with a fully functioning website. I'd look into getting Dreamweaver because it seems like you're very new to website development (cyberspot this can apply to you too). Dreamweaver is good for 2 reasons. First off it allows you to build a website without knowing any code. Essentially you can hit some buttons and add backgrounds, text boxes, pictures, buttons, hyperlinks etc without knowing the hard code to do it. The other good reason is it shows you what the code is, so once you get comfortable with the basics you can start reading the code and put a new thing in, and see how the code changes, and eventually move away from relying on a program to do it all for you, and instead do all the coding yourself. The hardest part is starting, once you get a basic idea of what you're doing google becomes your best friend. There are tons of tutorials for doing cool things and even basic things that will help immensely.

Here, first I already figured out my domain name. I want to know which site is the best site to buy domain name and good customer service web hosting. I want to know the definition of domain name and web hosting. Can somebody help me clarify all that? Thank you.

If you're just starting a website, then you'd make a better guinea pig than I did for WebMatrix. There are a lot of good tutorials for the web site builder right on the site. [url="http://webpages.charter.net/gavinattoe]My site[/url] is way too in-depth with FrontPage to allow me to deal with WebMatrix without breaking a lot of my code right now.

WebMatrix Related Thread
Thread on how to get a favorite's icon to display for your site
Office Politic's post on things to keep in mind when designing a business web

I am deciding to use Dreamweaver CS5, the thing is, I need to start with choosing the appropriate web hosting site.

well a domain is a domain, there really isn't too much to decide about that, it's the name of your website, and it's yours for a year so you're stuck with it, so just make sure it fits what the website is for. As far as hosting there are tons of hosting places out there, it's just a matter of pricing mostly. They'll all have pretty good support, and chances are you won't need the support once you get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom