Building a PC

I'm looking at doing this in the near future. Time is a factor right now in that I'm busy, but I'm doing in depth research now so that when the time comes (a month from now probably) I'll be ready to get started.
Anything that can be WB I will. I want it to stay cool.
And to the HD. Like I said before, money not a key issue. I was gonna get two or three 10k HDs and put them in Raid 0 or 5 respectively. And a single 16gb SSD to load windows from.

The problem with small drives for the OS is that some programs will only install to the C: drive. Since games can take up well over 10GB apiece, you can see where this could be a problem.

There's no way games can only be installed to the C: drive. The main system and a lot of its programs sure, but my IT cousin never said it was an issue

There's no way games can only be installed to the C: drive. The main system and a lot of its programs sure, but my IT cousin never said it was an issue

Most games (and other software for that matter) will give you a choice of where to install. This is true with the vast majority of games/software. If it doesn't, then I would assume that the software in question was poorly written and wouldn't risk loading it onto my system anyway.

I'm looking at doing this in the near future. Time is a factor right now in that I'm busy, but I'm doing in depth research now so that when the time comes (a month from now probably) I'll be ready to get started.
Anything that can be WB I will. I want it to stay cool.
And to the HD. Like I said before, money not a key issue. I was gonna get two or three 10k HDs and put them in Raid 0 or 5 respectively. And a single 16gb SSD to load windows from.

So you want to WB the CPU, GPU, RAM, NB, SB, hard drives, and mosfet?

No.

LOL just do the CPU and GPU for starters. NB if it runs hot. RAM if you decide to OC it a lot. SB and mosfet are generally unnecessary.

Go with the AMD build. It's plenty of power for what you seem to need.

I would do just the CPU and GPU to start with. RAM too if you deem it necessary. Anything else, you would need to have very high temps for it to be worth it.

So I'm trying to get this straight. Your build will be (as of now):
PII 955
which RAM?
Which mobo?
2x velociraptor RAID0
idk power supply
idk optical drive
HIS 5850?
Tt armor lcs case?

as far as liquid cooling, the loop would be:
Tt pump>swiftech apogee>swiftech QP rad>5850 WB>Tt rad>Tt reservoir

Sound right?

change the velociraptor for 2 caviar blacks in RAID 0, thats what i have and its amazingly fast

Back
Top Bottom