building a pc, keeps turning off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GeForce was that because i said not to? i didn't mean it literally. I corrected my self because I have the Palamino core and the number was floating around in my head but to be on the safe side i decided to check, man it got a great review ??? Features:
Pure copper heat sink
Special heat sink design for maximum heat dissipation
Best performance / noise ratio
Uses long life bearings
Superior thermal interface material
Patented spring clip for easy installation

Intel:
PIII CuMine up to 1.13 GHz
PIII Tulatin up to 2.2 GHz
Celeron up to 850 MHz

AMD:
Athlon up to 1.5 GHz
Athlon 4 up to 2.0 GHz<---that is the XP(why the4 don't know????)
Duron up to 900 MHz.
but it is rated for your cpu,it may be a crappy clip? Check to see if you can get it to tighten if not then you might want to give scan a call i hear it is A National rate?(im in us) and be prepared to wait a while i hear anywear from 10-30+ minutes some said no answer at all. hope that may help

Ermm... I can't quite make out what you are trying to say there, but if in any way you are offended... then I apologize, as I generally skim through long posts, then make a quick analysis based on the important data (e.g. names, numbers, etc.)

FIXED:
problem was the fan, went and bought a new one - power came on for 1 second - thats it. took out cpu and ive fryed it! ooops! so went out and bought another - now running in mid 40's C i think!

man no thermal protection on your board i looked if it is for yourself or someone you know you may want to consider a different board scan.co.uk has some asus boards for what looks like good prices not familiar with pound to dollar conversion buthere is a good board and what looks to be a good price
Asus A7V8X-X DDR333 KT400 x8AGP +Lan+USB2+ATA133 52.00 61.10 without and with vat i believe but ASUS has asus cop here is the desc.
ASUS C.O.P (CPU Overheating Protection) Technology is specially designed for ASUS AMD CPU Platform to prevent accidental cooling malfunction to cause CPU's burning down. Combined with ASUS' unique Hardware Monitoring mechanism and AMD AthlonXP thermal pins design, ASUS C.O.P Technology can protect the safety of both AMD CPU and users' ASUS motherboards better than ever before. When the CPU's temperature is over the default threshold, a signal will be sent to automatically shut down the system immediately. Thus the hardware investment is kept safe and sound. Unlike other ways controlled by BIOS or software, ASUS C.O.P Technology is more hardware-controlled and uninterruptible. However, this wonderful feature only works when users adopt AMD AthlonXP CPU

sounded like what yours was doing but if it fried then?????
but the specs for the board you have make no mention to it(thermal protection) but there others out there that do always better to be safe then sorry

the board i have does have thermal protection on it, but , as i found out, it has to be turned on, by default it is off. But seeing as the PC isnt for me anyway, i dont really mind - just means that my profit margin is down a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom