Building a new GAMING computer

1st of all; the difference in those motherboard is that the first one (The deluxe) has more features and more expansion options to it. Basically, if you got the deluxe, you'll be set for a while due to the fact that it can be upgraded well.

2nd, the ATI Radeon 5970 is an insanely fast graphcis card. If price is no option, get 2. If you were to get 2, your computer would be like a super computer or something. But then again, their expensive. Hear is a great 5970;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125303

3rd, the motherboard does not come with a processor. What are you willing to spend on a processor?

Edit: A 5970 graphics card MIGHT not fit in the case you selected. Its almost 13.5 inches long. If you want a 5970, i'd get a full sized case OR a mid size case (like the one you selected) and make sure the HDD racks face the back of the computer. The racks in the one you wanted face sideways.

1st of all; the difference in those motherboard is that the first one (The deluxe) has more features and more expansion options to it. Basically, if you got the deluxe, you'll be set for a while due to the fact that it can be upgraded well.

2nd, the ATI Radeon 5970 is an insanely fast graphcis card. If price is no option, get 2. If you were to get 2, your computer would be like a super computer or something. But then again, their expensive. Hear is a great 5970;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125303

3rd, the motherboard does not come with a processor. What are you willing to spend on a processor?

Edit: A 5970 graphics card MIGHT not fit in the case you selected. Its almost 13.5 inches long. If you want a 5970, i'd get a full sized case OR a mid size case (like the one you selected) and make sure the HDD racks face the back of the computer. The racks in the one you wanted face sideways.

i want an inexpensive processor that does the job...also is this a better case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024

the deluxe is what i was looking at getting thank you.

ok so my budget is getting a little up there with the second video card so i am cutting back on my processor to an intel core i5 and im changing my case to the antec i think it has more space.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024

http://stores.tomshardware.com/sear...39407520/search=i5%20750/st=product/sv=title/

Honestly, if I were you, i'd get the i7 930 and only one hd 5970 video card. If you did that, you'll be golden. Downsizing the processor and putting 2 5970s might be too much for the processor to .. well process. Getting 2 5970's is wayyy overkill. Also, that case is still only a mid size case and the HDD racks still face the same way as the first case you selected.

i7 930: click here

And pick one of these cases: click here
That list of cases will fit all your gear very well. You just have to realize that the HD 5970 video card is 13.5 inches long. Thats longer than my whole motherboard. So you need a case that is long enough to fit it. That link above will point you in the right direction.

nope, but an SDD isn't quite big enough for today'smonster games, nore easy on the wallet.

If you do go with SDD's, I'de suggest you get at least pair up 2 40gbs.

I think the top capacity i have seen is about 64gb, and at $145 on Newegg, I would rather invest on a 1 TB Drive that will last until we look upon the core I7 as we do now the Pentium 4.

WHOOPs, srry, i didn't see the second page. lol....

Well at least you have my opinion...

here is my final build,

Case- Here

MotherBoard- Here

Soundcard- Here

Processor- Here

Video Card- Here

Ram x2- Here

HDD- Here

DVD RW- Here

Just to be reassured can some double check that the processor is compatible with the Mobo? thank you!

i appreciate everything guys thank you so much, the final cost for this entire project is around

1,650! great price and brought down incredibly from its 2,100 due to the second video card!

Glad you decided to get it all from the same supplier, that in itself will keep your costs down (Just because money is no boundary, doesnt mean you have to spend for the sake of spending)

Build seems nice, Just a few things, saw you were talking about an OS, Are you including that? What about peripherals? (You already have your monitor / mouse / keyboard?)

And finally, You still havent listed a PSU, which is pretty vital to a build.

I cant post links, but get yourself a nice solid PSU, bare minimum 500W, ideally 600-800w and a good make --- Personally go for a Corsair branded PSU. (Although you could find perhaps a nice coolermaster or similar)

Glad you decided to get it all from the same supplier, that in itself will keep your costs down (Just because money is no boundary, doesnt mean you have to spend for the sake of spending)

Build seems nice, Just a few things, saw you were talking about an OS, Are you including that? What about peripherals? (You already have your monitor / mouse / keyboard?)

And finally, You still havent listed a PSU, which is pretty vital to a build.

I cant post links, but get yourself a nice solid PSU, bare minimum 500W, ideally 600-800w and a good make --- Personally go for a Corsair branded PSU. (Although you could find perhaps a nice coolermaster or similar)
i assume you mean power supply unit sorry ive never heard it abreviated...anyway i think the case comes with a 850w psu...if i am not mistaken i will have to double check tho, and yes i have my mouse keyboard and moniter, cables are already figured out, sound system is set up already. the OS i forgot to include i will do that now.
i fixed the HDD link.

Thank you guys for everything if i have any problems during build i will be sure to come back, this website has been awsome and i appreciate your help!

thank you,

Truesony

If I were you, I would NOT depend on a power supply that comes free with the case. Click here to find out exactly how much power your computer will need, add like 50 watts, and get a name brand power supply.

Back
Top Bottom