building a computer

kevin o.

Baseband Member
i am going to build a computer, and i need a list of all what is in a computer, or a link to somewhere where i can cet this list. i need to know every little piece that makes it work. thank you. and if possible i will take sugggestions on the best brands of parts. bye.

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
if you need a list of what makes a computer run i don't really think you should build your own computer. read up on it some more before you try. no offence, just saying what i think is best.

jac006

Golden Master
Well, I guess that's true but... there's always the mobo's guide... they tell you. Besides... he has to learn somehwere... and what better place than CF? :D

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
well yay ask questions and read up on it. i just don't think it's wise to learn how to build a computer with $2000's worth of parts,lol.

jac006

Golden Master
Lol... if you gotta start... start with the best... lol. I know... actually, I started my way from the bottom... but in this day and age... haha... you want the best from the start...

MikeReiner

Golden Master
of coarse! be the best... for about a week, when some company somewhere out there releases a "slightly" better piece of hardware, you will then have an outdated POS!!!
...*meh*

kevin o.

Baseband Member
thanks

Thanks for all your input guys. I'm not brand new in computers I just haven't built one yet. I've just messed around with old ones and now i want to build my own. Thanks again for all your help and I'm still open to more ideas. Bye.

E-Jipt

Baseband Member
Yea that list with all the links, don't forget to get a power supply with that. Computers don't run without power supplies.

kevin o.

Baseband Member
good call

thanks for that. I wouldn't have noticed that. it'd be kinda hard to use a computer with no power supply. what size psu should i get: 300W, 350W, 400W, 420W, 460W, 500W, or a 600W. I think a 500W PSU would be nice. Is this a good choice or not. Please tell. I'm not really experienced. I think this 420W PSU is nice but is it good enough for the stuff listed above.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153006#
thx.