building a comp... need help selecting parts

yeah, for a gaming rig, a seperate sound card is needed. And speakers. Good speakers. Not built in speakers. From the reviews they aren't that good.

a sound card isnt NEEDED. Its optional, its nice to have and all. But you only get max 7-8 extra frames. Not a big deal IMO.

Ok, here's what I can tell you right off the bat, get rid of that floppy drive. No need for it. USB Flash Drives have replaced Floppy Drives and have significatnly more space and a much higher transfer speed.

Next up, ditch that DVD Burner, get one of these instead...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152055

Save yourself about $50, get amazing performance. I know it performs well because I own it. It is FAST. It burns DVDs and CDs liek nonother. Get it, save money, all is good.

Other then the Floppy Drive and DVD Burner, I can't really suggest anything else simply because no matter what kind of parts you add or replace, that build is going to be quite expensive. In either case however, it will be blazing fast. :)

You can tell what frequency the processor is just by simply viewing for the GHz mark in the specifications of the CPU. Such an example is Newegg.com, they list all the specifications for the product, you just have to scroll down and find the right area to view the CPUs specifications. :)

GenoXide said:
You can tell what frequency the processor is just by simply viewing for the GHz mark in the specifications of the CPU. Such an example is Newegg.com, they list all the specifications for the product, you just have to scroll down and find the right area to view the CPUs specifications. :)

Yeah but if you're randomly just chit chatting and someone recites the AMD CPU specs.....how would u determine what speed?

sry for hijacking the thread but im getting a 7600gt for my new computer and is a 6800gs really better??? i always thought it would be out of date??? also i may sli so would these be good for sliing??? thx

Well, the ram is pretty good but I found some Patriot RAM for about the same price. That company seems to have a better reputation for making ram so I'd go for that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220040

You can save some money by cutting out the floppy drive out. You can always create bootable cds using Nero or some program, and if you think about what can you really store on a 2mb floppy. Stick with with some jump drives if you want portable data. They're cheap and you can get a 512 drive for about 20-30. Next, I'd cut back on the video card. You don't absolutely need a 7900gtx, unless your an extreme gaming enthusaist. I'd stick with the 7600gt because its a decent card for about 200 bucks less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130284

Your processor is looking good. Go FX, if your building a gaming rig. The X2 processors are more for multimedia. Stick with the NEC dvd-burner cuz its like dirt cheap and it performs really good from what I hear. Anyways good luck with your build, and hope I helped.

Back
Top Bottom