Building a cheap desktop for gaming

Rhizome

Solid State Member
So - I realized that I can't play any good games off my netbook. I need a desktop. Who's willing to sorta help me find cheap parts and do a walk-through of how to assemble a desktop?

Well we would be glad to help you choose parts for a cheap gaming computer, but first we need to ask some questions.
- What games do you think you'll be playing?
- What is your budget?
- Will you need a monitor, and other peripherals?

- What games do you think you'll be playing?

Modern warfare 2
ut
cs
etc.

I will be making this my primary computer as well but first and foremost it will be a gaming computer.

- What is your budget?

I will be doing this over the next few months which means my budget is indirrectly higher. I can save up for a part if need be.

- Will you need a monitor, and other peripherals?

Not yet. I will invest into a larger more awesome monitor when the time comes though. But I am curious, what would you suggest?

I mean you can get a really solid dual core system, 4gbs memory, 320-500gb hdd, 1gb graphics, dvd rw, for less than 600$ Intel based. which will rock. Now you can even go into quad core for probably 100$ or so more. Can you give me a minimum number, and a maximum number of what you want to build, and I can build 2 systems a price effecient good one, then a price efficent mack daddy one :D. Of course all through newegg at which you will be ordering, I can walk you through installation if needed, but it will be pretty simple.

For $650 on newegg you can build a:

2.66ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GT220 1GB Graphics Card
4GB DDR2 1066
320GB 7200RPM Sata HDD
DVD RW
Windows 7.0(or xp or vista whichever you prefer)
That will run any game on the market or anything that can come out for the next year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom