Building A Case...Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 x 21 db does not give you how loud it is gonna be. If a person yells and you can barely hear them, 10 people yelling is not going to increase the volume 10 times. There is a physics equation to determine all of this, but I won't get into that. Just know that 2 fans at 21 db does not sound like 1 at 42 db. Just the same as 8 fans at 21 db does not sound like 1 at 168 db, because that is REALLY FRIGGEN LOUD. Just know that your computer definitely won't be quiet.

also i am doing between 5-8 fans depends on how i lay stuff out. i will definatly have 2 fans on the rad, 1 or 2 in the back, 1 or 2 on top, and 1 or 2 on the side so 5-8 total.

i know about the physics of it but i was keeping it simple. If you have one speaker blasting you out w/ say 90db then if you ad another one w/ the same db level its gonna "seem" twice as loud. just if i have 2 Thermaltake smart fan 2's running at 48db per fan then when i crank the other one up from low spin its gonna "seem" twice as loud cause you can hear both fans running at 48db each. see what im getting at? its not actual its virtual or however that saying goes :/

they should be of similar loudness
also just having 8 silent fans in you case will not be loud
those are probably the best low noise fans for the price
21 db is REALLY quiet
probably quieter than your gfx card fans

ok well also how can i "insulate" the noise inside my case and what kind of design whould you guys recommend. like i said i am making this case myself meaning im going someplace and buying aluminum and making it like that or i may have the case part itself made at the shop or whatever with my dimensions but anyway what can i do besides controlling the speed of the fans to reduce noise?

get fan dampeners which are basically rubber gaskets
that go in between the fan and the case
or you can buy noise insulation material which basically absorbs sound waves

you can find most of this stuff on www.xoxide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom