would a 350W psu cope with:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail
MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
BFG GeForce PCX6600 GT OC 128MB DDR3
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 200GB
2 x 512MB Crucial RAM —CT6464Z40B
NEC ND3540 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM
+another optical drive

would the computer stated above perform well in games (doom3, bf2, hl2, etc..?)

Thats a pretty amazin comp and will more then definitely b able to play those games, I'd get a 400watt psu just to be sure!!

lol you kidding me, 350W is more than enough, why do people think computers are these big power hungry monsters. Even in an SLI setup with 6800 Ultras, you would only need about 400W tops and even that would leave you with plenty of watts. 350W is all you need for that setup, but make sure you get a quality brand cuz it won't matter if you're getting 600W and a crappy company cuz it'll break in a second. Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, and Fortron are a few quality brands.

u've gotta be kiddin, nvidia recomend a minimum 480 watt for a single ultra!! They consume loads of power graphics cards and if u have that extra bit of watttage u get that increased stability that a computer needs!!

lol keep tellin yourself that, I don't feel like gettin into it since the mods are a lot more strict than they used to be, so have a nice day.

I did want to start an argument at all, i was simply providing my opinion and assisitance to a fellow memeber, I apologize to you if u feel our opinions conflicted!!! Maybe someone with more knowledge should assist this member!!

lol why all the exclamations, maybe you shuold lower your dosage. Anyway, maybe I'll admit that I went a little overboard cuz 6800 ultras are rather powerful and you would prolly need about 450W to power two of em, but that wasn't really my point. I was trying to establish the fact that all he needed was a 350W PSU.

I agree, in my opinion he cud use a 350watt psu perefectly fine, but being the person i am i prefer to be on the safe side and have extra power can ensure things will keep workin. I would not want to see that sysytem become broken becaus ethe psu cant keep up with it. thats the end of it now, we dont need to argue!

Back
Top Bottom