Build computers for a living?

rpatel

Solid State Member
Any of you here build computers, and resell them on ebay? I had a cousin that use to do that, and he said he made about $100 a piece. Who knows...

My dad used to do that back in Brasil a couple years ago. From what I've talked to him and my experience, it's not worth it anymore. Too hard to find a buyer while making profit. People either buy brand name or built their own. That's just my 2 cents though.

There is too much competition on ebay now, everyone and their brother is doing it. Then you have these computer companies that build them and have access to wholesale prices, prices that you and I can only dream about, then they sell them for dirt cheap. Browse around on ebay sometime for custom computers, you'll see what I mean.

Ebay used to be a good way for someone to make money, nowadays if you want to make money on ebay, you have to be selling something unique. And there are websites dedicated to starting ebay businesses, and websites that dropship items that you can sell on ebay. You use their description of the item, their pictures, and you set up the auction and everything then when you sell, you do the order through the website, give the buyers address and everything and they will ship it right to them, you don't even see the product. It's so easy that everyone is doing it and there is too much competition like I said.

If you want to make money online, ebay is not the option anymore.

I repair old systems and resell them on craigslist. Never built a brand new system to sell however. Not worth spending that kind of money on a system to resell right now. No one is buying anything. Been trying to sell a couple systems and my TV on craigslist for the longest time and I finally just sold 1 system last week for the first time in a couple months... No, I don't overprice either. In the past 2 years or so I've been doing this though, I have made enough money to pay in full for my new desktop system I built back in October or so, $1600 or so I paid in all (tower and 3 LCDs). So when you can actually sell something then you can get a good amount of money from it. I would build a brand new system to resell right now if they were selling just because I can play around with it before I have to sell it. :p But since nothing is selling, I don't need to be $1000 shorter on my car fund and stuck with an extra desktop I don't need.

There is soo much competition on ebay its not worth it anymore. You might be able to sell them locally if you use sale parts to keep the prices down but thats about it

There is soo much competition on ebay its not worth it anymore. You might be able to sell them locally if you use sale parts to keep the prices down but thats about it

That's a big might if selling locally because of rising gas prices and such people don't want to drive too far and if you are far away from them then it won't sell fast, plus they need money for the gas so they might not buy just because of that. At least it's like that where I am. Not sure if they are more likely to buy newer stuff over used older stuff since the newest I've sold is a P4 2.8GHz system w/ 1 Gig of RAM.

i dont this it would be easy to mak money on ebay , i usually just use ebay as a means to get rid of stuff that still works that i dont want/need ive sold a few computers on their that i didnt want anymore but they where not that new

Back
Top Bottom