Build Compatibility

The 3 4870's is a bit over kill, The PSU is compatiable. If you are running XP, That 6GB will not be noticed past 3.5GB.

There is one very slight snag, there. I have one 4870 in my machine and could tell you now that the chances of fitting three on that board are practically non-existant. The second and third PCI-E slots are way too close together.

I'm pretty sure most everything is compatible with each other except for the PSU. Here's a almost definite list, unless otherwise incompatible. Thanks.

CPU-Intel i7 920
Mobo-Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory-OCZ 6GB
GPU-(3)4870's/NOT 4870X2
HDD-Western Digital Velociraptor
PSU-Corsair 1000w
CD/DVD-LG 22xdvd/cdw/lightscribe

Case-Xclio WTBK advanced

Any recommendations would also be appriciated. Thanks

You're not going to see a difference between 2 of those cards and 3. The drivers aren't perfected yet and most games can not take advantage of the 3rd card just yet. You might as well get 1 GTX 295 instead of those 3 cards. It all depends on your monitor too. If you're running anything less than 2500x1600, both of the setups will be a waste. Don't listen to the guy who was talking about RAM and XP. If you get the 64bit version of the OS, you can use as much RAM as your motherboard can support. Even for 1900x1200, a single 4870 or a Core 216 will be more than sufficient.

sorry i forgot to state i would be running 6 monitors , thats why i would need the 3 4870's, would the GPU's (3) fit on a Asus Rampage II extreme board?

The 3 4870's is a bit over kill, The PSU is compatiable. If you are running XP, That 6GB will not be noticed past 3.5GB.

No, you said if you were running XP, not 32-bit XP. Two completely different things.

sorry i forgot to state i would be running 6 monitors , thats why i would need the 3 4870's, would the GPU's (3) fit on a Asus Rampage II extreme board?

You don't need to have the same cards to do that. You can run three different cards.

Could i do 2 4870's and 1 4850? if not what 3 cards would you suggest? Also my OS would be 64-bit Vista Ultimate
Thanks

^

The 4870 X2 can carry 4 Each, But they would fit on a Asus Rampage II Extreme. And why in the world would you need 6 Monitors xD

The 4870 X2 can carry 4 Each, But they would fit on a Asus Rampage II Extreme. And why in the world would you need 6 Monitors xD

He wants a command center :D I remember from his other posts.

Anyways, OP, what Rohan is saying is that if you want 6 monitors, you only need one really good card to game with/do visual intensive things, and the other 2 (just used for monitor output) can be lesser performance cards.

Back
Top Bottom