build an e-store from scratch or go with some of the paid platforms?

lionelwhereareyou

Beta member
I'm in the process of starting a new e-store for phone gadgets, and I'm thinking of the options I have. Is it best to build an e-store from scratch or go with some of the eCommerce platforms? What would be economy-wise for a smaller shop? Any advice is welcome!

northernlights85

Baseband Member
From the info you’ve provided, my answer is - it depends. It depends on what knowledge you have in web development, moreover on building an e-commerce one. If you have the time and the knowledge, I would say building it yourself it’s the best option. Here is some helpful information if you want to go that way. If you don’t have the knowledge, then I guess you’ve left with either outsourcing this task to someone who does or going with some of the e-commerce platforms like Shopify or BigCommerce. Shopify is better for small businesses and offers more options with the design, and BigCommerce is better for large businesses. In your case is better to go with Shopify, I guess. There are also other platforms that you can find by just googling and comparing the features they offer.

Economy-wise, I think it’s best to build the e-store by yourself(if you’ve got the time and knowledge), long-term speaking. If this is not the case, you might need to break the bank by outsourcing this to a web dev these days.

That being said, short-term, it’s best to go with some of the e-commerce platforms, where you pay commissions, but you get an e-store with already-built features. Choose what suits you best. I hope this helped, GL!

Top Bottom