Antec NeoPower 480W Modular Power Supply
cd/DVD burner??(suggestions)
CD/DVD reader??(suggestions)
Floppy Drive (suggestions)
Case for hardrive(suggestions)
Mouse Keyboard (suggestions)

so is there anything i can downgrade to meet a price of 700-1000 dollars
thanks

Are you sure you want watercooling? It really isn't necessary if you don't plan on overclocking sky-high. Just get one CD/DVD drive, as well. Don't worry about a floppy drive if you're really in a pinch but I always find it so nice to have one. Use an old keyboard and mouse until you can buy nicer ones, and what do you mean a case for the hard drive? If they're internal you shouldn't need one. I know for a fact that motherboard has onboard sound (most if not all do now anyway) and that should hold you over until you purchase a sound card.

ok i mean the whole case that holds everything and i dont get the soundcard thing, and can u install most these things later??? such as the extra dvd burner :rolleyes:

wait, what do you mean by that, you asked what parts cuold be downgraded to meet your budget

don't get the raptor. It's expensive and has very little space, a normal 7200 rpm hdd will be fast enough.

...I like my Raptors. :D

But, that's just because I had a little money to spend and my old hard drive was an old 7200 RPM IDE drive. I figured I'd just get two Raptors since I had the money at the time. A 7200 RPM SATA should be just fine though and will save you 20-50 bucks.

It's always good to have two little drives though, incase one breaks down, and you could use the extra drive for back-ups. However, with the small size of those raptors, you might want some more space. Opt for a 120 or 160gb hd. With prices these days you could get a 300gb under $200 if you knew where to look.

Back
Top Bottom