BUDGET gaming rig

okay thankyou is the motherboard you suggested good for overclocking? because it says it has a EUFI BIOS.

also i know atx is the size of the computer case and the am3 corresponds to the cpu? wat are the pci or pcle slots for? sorry for so many questions but was $604 with the mail in rebates?

No, I never counted in the rebates, and here are some more answers to your questions...
1. Yes, the motherboard I suggest is good for overclocking, I chose that motherboard for you because the UEFI Bios is meant for first timers, and is EXTREMELY easy to use.
2. ATX is a motherboard size, the standard case can hold an ATX size motherboard.
3. PCI-e slots are for video cards.
4. AM3 is the CPU socket, modern day AMD processors are AM3 socket, and soon they will come out with an AM3+ socket.

ASUS : UEFI BIOS - YouTube
That is the BIOS on the motherboard I suggested you.

For optical I would look into a Lite-On DVD-RW drive, they tend to be very reliable as well as inexpensive.

Otherwise everything he is suggesting is good for a budget rig 110%

Woah, when did Lite-On get reliable again? They turned into flaming piles of poo in the middle of 2007-2008. I haven't had the guts to try them since then. If you have bad luck with Lite-On, try out LG or Sony (as much as I hate Sony right now).

Though if folks are having good luck with Lite-On again, I'm interested in hearing about it - I used to buy them exclusively, but stopped after every one of mine died back in 2006-2007 time frame.

If the price difference on that 840 and the 945 is only $5, I say go for it. AMD isn't cache-limited like Intel chips are (that is to say, AMD has little performance gains by adding the L3 cache to their chips, whereas Intel can see big performance boosts when comparing identically spec'd chips that are with and without L3 cache).

Otherwise, the one you picked in the original post is a fine chip.

eh i already bought the lite-on drive because it came with a good deal with my hard drive. but hopefully i won't have any problems with it. do u think i will have a problem?

Back
Top Bottom