Budget Build Update

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys I just wanted to give you an update on the build I've been working on since last year around this time. I now in my system have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.8 GHz, a Geforce 560 TI, 4 GB of DDR2 RAM, and a 600 Watt power supply. I think I'll be good with this for a while :D

With that setup you can't play Crysis 3 on ultra with good FPS.
You might be one of those folks that can handle 30 FPS but most First person shooter gamers wont play it at that frame rate.
I simply refuse to play any shooters with a FPS under 40.
I prefer at least 50. It's still a good enough computer for most people though.

With that setup you can't play Crysis 3 on ultra with good FPS.
You might be one of those folks that can handle 30 FPS but most First person shooter gamers wont play it at that frame rate.
I simply refuse to play any shooters with a FPS under 40.
I prefer at least 50. It's still a good enough computer for most people though.

Exactly! I'm running Mafia II with all high settings around 40 FPS. I love this setup

Do you plan to upgrade this build down the track or just start a complete new build once you have the money?

Do you plan to upgrade this build down the track or just start a complete new build once you have the money?

Yeah, I'm planning on buying a LGA 775 motherboard that has DDR3 RAM instead of DDR2, then later buy a motherboard that is LGA 1155 and get a cheap i5, then work my way to an i7

Yeah i was just about to throw in a link aswel.

Question:
Why buy something that you already are gonna replace soon after again.
seams like a waste of money

Back
Top Bottom