Budget Build - Need help with Parts

VirtualDrone

In Runtime
Hey guys

So my buddy asked me if I would build a computer for him and I said I would. I have built computers in the past the only problem is I haven't for a couple of years and I am totally out of the loop. If I could get some help that would be great.

First of all he needs everything Case, Monitor, keyboard, PSU, all the internals ect.

Second his budget is around $500-600 CAD 700 dollars max.

He will be using the computer mostly to surf the web, listen to music, and watch movies so we don't need anything to expensive.

Here is a list of what he wants for sure
- 21 inch Wide Screen Monitor
- 2.1 Speakers
- Min 250 Gb HD

Everything else doesn't matter as long as it stays in budget.
Thanks again for the help.

Well I decided on a processor (Athlon X2 5200+) and HD (WD 250Gb Sata2) So now I have to decide on a motherboard. My first question is are integrated graphics good enough for just watching movies? Is it possible to put a graphics card in a mobo later on that has integrated graphics? And what is the easiest way to figure on if a mobo has integrated graphics?

Well I decided on a processor (Athlon X2 5200+) and HD (WD 250Gb Sata2) So now I have to decide on a motherboard. My first question is are integrated graphics good enough for just watching movies? Is it possible to put a graphics card in a mobo later on that has integrated graphics? And what is the easiest way to figure on if a mobo has integrated graphics?

If you look under specifications, the website will usually show if it has onboard video or not. Check this one out for example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131237

Under Onboard Video Chipset, it shows Intel graphics.

And yes, you can add a graphics card after you've built the computer. For example, you can purchase an NVIDIA card and use a PCI-Express port on the motherboard.

I recommend the Athlon X2 5400+ BE. If your friend ever wants to toy with OC'ing, this processor will be great. You can also pick up a cheap HSF such as the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 to go with it. Integrated graphics will be good for movies so long you don't plan on hooking up to a TV to run 1080p. Even at that there are some HDMI motherboards that will play them at decent quality. It is possible to add a video card to a motherboard with onboard video. It should say under the specs whether the motherboard has onboard video or not. I recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131324

Back
Top Bottom