btjunkie problems

Changing the subject, if you have a VALID CD-KEY that you have purchased, but lost the CD of a game, it it legal to torrent the game client?

I don't see why not considering you have already purchased it since you have a valid CD-Key. But I can see people making the argument that it isn't any different then just stealing the game/product.

For Diablo 2 I had lost the disc's, but had it already installed with a verified CD key from like 2 years before so I downloaded the disc's I needed to play it. I see no problem with people doing that.

Same thing happened here, i found out Blizzard Let's you download the client with a Valid Cd-Key though, that goes with any Blizzard game.

Changing the subject, if you have a VALID CD-KEY that you have purchased, but lost the CD of a game, it it legal to torrent the game client?

This is something that a current debate in copyright law right now. The whole "if i have a legit copy of a game why do i not have the right to make a personal copy of said game/media ect." Right now as it stands I believe music and movies have been cleared up that you can have a back up copy of a movie/music for instances like "im going on a trip and I don't want to take the original." But the realm of games is still foggy.

If you are interested in keeping up with how this stuff is playing out check out http://www.eff.org/

Theres been plenty of times where I've had to torrent a game because I lost the cds. Thank goodness for steam to save some of that <3 Steam

I always buy my games for the added value of online play. I store my CD key in my GMail and either torrent an image or rip an image myself and store it on my PC then lose the disc.

Back
Top Bottom