bt homehub and a repeater

dude_se

Proper Legend
is there anyway i can use my old bt voyager 2091 router as a repeater?
im failing atm and im sure theres some way to fiddle it so it works, even if i could connect the voyager to the homehub via Ethernet that would be ok i suppose. i just want 2 working AP'S both with internet. if i connect the voyager to the hub using an Ethernet cable it picks it up but theres no internet.

:(

bumpage.
ive got the 2 routers connected by ethernet now and after a lot of fiddling i managed to get the homehub to be the main and the old voyager to get the internet off it. as before it would only work if the voyager was the main.
ive read of ways to make one of them a repeater but i cant get it working yet. its mainly to do with the homehub. damn its a piece of s**t, the signal isnt even better, in fact i recon its worse :O

any ideas?

when the voayger is the secondary, are you plugging the cable from your other router into teh WAN port of one of the switches? put the wire into the switch port and it should provide internet to everything else that connects to it. It worked on my sister's Linksys when I was testing it here at home so it's all set when she moves out.

well the voyager only has a power, ethernet and some usb socket. i got an ethernet cable and plugged it in and put the other end in one of the ethernet sockets on the homehub. then i just hooked the telephone line to the homehub.
that seems to work but i want to put the voyager upstairs so it acts like a repeater, therefore i dont want to use an ethernet cable to do the above.

ok i ditched the wireless idea for the moment as no one seems to have a clue, so i attatched my 7 port usb hub and now i can plug 7 things into the homehub :D

my usb stick works fine but i tried to plug the printer in and i followed the instructions of how to get it to work but whenever i try to print it claims it is on my pc then it deletes the document from the printing list and doesnt do anything :(

Back
Top Bottom