BSOD:STOP Error (Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error) 0x7a

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty007

Beta member
hi,

i am having trouble with a computer i have,

i can get 1-2 hours usage out of it, before the BSOD pops up and gives me this error message:

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

STOP : 0x0000007A

(0XE13F4800, 0XC000000E, 0XBF8F7000, 0X16059860)

win32k.sys - Address

BF8F7000 base at BF8000, Datestamp 43446b4e

can anybody/somebody help me to solve this error, as i have trawling through the net for the last 4 hours, and i cant seem to get anywhere nearer solving this problem

thanking you for any help in advance

Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

The Stop 0x77 message indicates that a page of kernel data requested from the paging (virtual memory) file could not be found or read into memory. This Stop message can also indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Possible Resolutions:

* Stop 0x77 messages can be caused by bad sectors in the virtual memory paging file or a disk controller error. In extremely rare cases, depleted nonpaged pool resources can cause this error. If the first and third parameters are zero, the stack signature in the kernel stack is missing, which is an error typically caused by defective hardware. If the I/O status is 0xC0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI disk, check for cabling and termination issues. An I/O status code of 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A indicates that the requested data could not be found. You can try to correct this by restarting the computer. If a problem with disk integrity exists, Autochk, a program that attempts to mark bad disk sectors as defective so that they are not used in the future, starts automatically. If Autochk fails to run, you can manually perform the integrity check yourself by following the instructions to run Chkdsk provided in "Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" earlier in this list.
* Another cause of Stop 0x77 messages is defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware, such as memory modules, Level 2 (L2) SRAM cache, or video adapter RAM. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
* The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.
* Problems that cause Stop 0x77 messages can also cause Stop 0x7A messages. For more information about Stop 0x7A messages, see "Stop 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" later in this list.

You might want to try and run a chkdsk to check your harddrive and run memtest to check your memory for any errors. The above was just an explanation of what might be the cause. You might also want to provide us with your hardware spec and OS.

thanks for all the help, much appreciated

MrCoffee: you mentioned deleting the page file, any chance you could give me some directions on how to do that

thanks

i'm not sure how to do it from windows as such, I just edit the registry key

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\ClearPageFileAtShutdown

Set the value to 1 to delete the pagefile on shutdown.

Theres probably an easier way but thats what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom