Browser help please

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I'm not sure of the best way to describe my problem but hopefully someone will understand.

If I am using a programme and I need some help/guidance on how to do a particular thing, I click on the 'help' button and the programme then tries to open up its help pages which seemingly are somewhere on the internet.

However, whenever I do this, nothing happens. it's the same if I click on a link in an email, it would appear that it tries to open in Microsoft Edge but I'm not absolutely certain that that is the case. A blank page opens up in the browser but, if I click on my 'Favourites' button, this opens up but nothing else. I can see a home page title in the bar at the top of the screen but the page doesn't actually open.

I have tried to reinstall Microsoft Edge but that hasn't made any difference. Would I be better off uninstalling 'Edge' so that when I need some help pages it will use another browser, is this something that I could do to get over the problem?

Many thanks

I think that I have managed to get around this. From what I can see, it is not possible to uninstall Edge but I have managed to make another browser the default one (I'm learning......slowly!!)

It would still be good if someone can tell me how to fix 'Edge' though.

Thank you

LOL there's no fixing edge. It can't be uninstalled, and there's not much support for add-ons. but making another browser the default should help with those issues you had.

LOL there's no fixing edge. It can't be uninstalled, and there's not much support for add-ons. but making another browser the default should help with those issues you had.

Thank you Cortb, yes, all seems to be working fine now. Thanks for you input.

Back
Top Bottom