Broken motherboard !?!?!

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
Recently my main desktop (signature) has been playing up:-

All motherboard USB's don't work
CPU fan has stopped spinning
PC Keeps freezing (usually soon after logon)

I tried a format (this is before I realised that the CPU fan wasn't spinning) and it was still playing up. Then I got a trojan and things got worse. The PC will not accept any new internal hardware either and my CD/DVD drives are no longer working!

So I opened up the PC, took the motherboard out and had a look, at first I could not see any obvious damage until I touched the northbridge heatsink, it was wobbly and for some reason a spring was missing that holds it down - I really don't see how this could have happened. Anyway I don't know if thats what caused all this but is the motherboard definately broken, or could it be something else, my guess is its the mobo, thanks for any replies.

yeah that sounds like a mobo issue make sure nothing is lose or wires disconnected but id just get a new one and be done with it.

and can your psu handle what you have in your rig it could ut is unlikely a bad psu.

Thanks, I'm sure the PSU is still fine, its 650W and the only thing in my pc that would need anywhere near that much is the 8800GTS G92 and that doesnt need 650W. The PSU is also SLI ready so must be quite good.

Back
Top Bottom