British people captured in Iran

the only thing good that i can vividly see bush doing was going after al-qaida (or however its spelt) they attacked us and deserved it. Other than that, i don't think bush has done a great job...

celegorm said:
the only thing good that i can vividly see bush doing was going after al-qaida (or however its spelt) they attacked us and deserved it. Other than that, i don't think bush has done a great job...

Even then it wasn't really vital that we start a war. Special Forces are more then capable of dealing with terrorist factions, they do it all the time, without us even knowing. But, because we had to get all gung-ho and what not, now my grandchildren, and then their grandchildren, will STILL be paying the debt for these wars.

I'm a Republican at heart, but by God, they suck when they're in office.

I think its a descace! they have no right to unlawfully hold our service men and women, they where doing thier job under the guidelines of our military. INSIDE THE ALLIES PATROL ZONE, This is another middle eastern attack on the allies just to provoke a reaction against the UN because of the ongoing nuclear crises in Iran.
If we let them walk all over us now they will have considered this a victory and a liscence to do what ever they want from now on.
I would like to see the SAILORS released with immediate effect but at what point do we say enough is enough to countries that purposely provoke war, against the very people who are try to prevent it.

Well we unlawfully hold a bunch of them in camps. That place in Cuba, Guantanamo Bay or however you spell it, a lot of them are innocent while some aren't. And it's just 15 guys, a war should not be started over 15 men.

Well, they didn't really walk over us, we just put 2 aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf and executed war-games. I don't see how kidnapping someone is an "act of war". Blowing shit up, yes, but kidnapping...not really. That's just someone who's pissed off and wants to get attention, and then some money from the ransom.

Latest news this evening is that the EU has sent a very strong letter to Iran, demanding the immediate release of all 15 naval personnel, a much stronger then Tony Blair's softly softly grovelling approach, the word is that Iran will do as the EU has said, but we will see.

Brookfield said:
Latest news this evening is that the EU has sent a very strong letter to Iran, demanding the immediate release of all 15 naval personnel, a much stronger then Tony Blair's softly softly grovelling approach, the word is that Iran will do as the EU has said, but we will see.

A letter? They sent a freakin letter? Wow...no wonder they think we're push overs. "You captured our men! Now! We send you a letter!" Jesus...At least make a phone call. :rolleyes:

Jenox said:
A letter? They sent a freakin letter? Wow...no wonder they think we're push overs. "You captured our men! Now! We send you a letter!" Jesus...At least make a phone call. :rolleyes:
LOL :D

Jenox said:
Well we unlawfully hold a bunch of them in camps. That place in Cuba, Guantanamo Bay or however you spell it, a lot of them are innocent while some aren't. And it's just 15 guys, a war should not be started over 15 men, well, they didn't really walk over us, we just put 2 aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf and executed war-games. I don't see how kidnapping someone is an "act of war". Blowing shit up, yes, but kidnapping...not really. That's just someone who's pissed off and wants to get attention, and then some money from the ransom.
Come on, there was never an intention to demand a ransom, it wasn't a band of rebels that captured them was it??, It was done under instructions from that country's government that's patently obvious to everybody, surely?, I just wonder what Bush would have done, had they been Americans, I dread to think!

Seriously now , im not saying we should go blazing out to war,god forbid no,but you can not turn your back on those who continue to defy logic by carrying out this nuclear progam, the UN forces are there to protect us against the exstremist orginisations like Iran, or before long we will have another Saddam hussain or worse Adolf hitler, those sailors should not have been detained full stop, there goal was purely PEACEFUL., Iran can not and must not be allowed to get away with this,what i want to know is, if they share a united goal for long term peace, why do they see fit to disrupt the very program put in place to carry out that goal?.
If they think there waters are being violated there surely is a better humain way of showing it.

Jenox said:
As a general practice a phone call is made first, followed by an official letter, obviously you don't understand the politics involved here, I don't either really, but I expect Iran will regard this as one step short of massive sanctions being imposed, plus powerful nations showing their anger towards them, & that's the last thing they want, there will be no incursions of tanks etc, but as far as Iran is concerned there might as well be, the naval personnel will be released, probably within two months or sooner, mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom