brand name matters?

I have the EVGA version. It's just splendid. It overclocks very well and comes with a great overclocking utility from EVGA. A lifetime warranty and a 90 day step up option isn't too bad either. My card is pretty much silent unless I put my fan at or above 80%.

I have the EVGA version. It's just splendid. It overclocks very well and comes with a great overclocking utility from EVGA. A lifetime warranty and a 90 day step up option isn't too bad either. My card is pretty much silent unless I put my fan at or above 80%.

Darn I wish I could get the EVGA Core 216. I mean, I think I'll be getting a job soon but seriously Rohan, you're making me drool all over my keyboard. Or maybe I'm just tired. :p

so yeah i added the xfx card to my shopping cart but it only added cod5 - i called newegg support - and they claimed that the two games are a "misadvertisment" or some bs like that..... those two cards are pretty much the same - i'll call them again tomorrow - if they say it is only one game i'll go with the evga and if its two games - then the xfx. haha thanks prodigy - i am very excited. i run a 8400GS right now - you have to understand that this is BIG for me haha. i will definitely post pics.

Haha, you already have my 880GT. Why don't you just get a big tan and take my place?

Oh don't get me wrong that's still a great card and does very well with crysis on high and every other game on highest, but a GTX Core 216? OMFG. Lol. But I guess the 8800GT is good for my resolution right now anyway. :)

I would go for the EVGA than indian. Because then the video card would be able to use EVGA Precision to overclock. Granted, Precision can be used for other graphic card manufacters but im sure native support provides a better result...

I would go for the EVGA than indian. Because then the video card would be able to use EVGA Precision to overclock. Granted, Precision can be used for other graphic card manufacters but im sure native support provides a better result...

Undoubtedly true. :) I would go with EVGA even still.

It doesn't really matter, it doesn't matter what overclocking software comes with it, you can just use third party apps such as Rivatuner anyway. I don't see any non reference 216s on Newegg so all the manufacturers have done is slap their sticker on it. The only thing you should be paying attention to is:
- Games included
- Warranty
- Price

I usually just go for the cheapest as I don't keep cards for more than a year.

well, they complied with my badgering them over the phone and i am getting both cod5 and farcry2 with the xfx card, and the order has been placed, processed, and shipped (woot woot).
i guess i took a chance. i'll put it in my computer, and if i dont like it - it's too noisy or whatever - i'll return it and get the evga. my current card is xfx and i have had absolutely no problems with it. let's hope that's how it stays.

Back
Top Bottom