Both computers messed up the date

They are both Syncing with time.windows.com.
Time zone is correct, but I thought that it should be considering I set the timezones up when I was setting up windows.

If it happens a third time, I will consider that someone is messing with them as a prank or somthing. It seems to unlikely that both would be messing up at the same time with no explanation.

Meh, we have plenty of memory left to run another background process, so if I must I will write somthing in autoit to keep the time synced if I decide that the above is what is going on.

You could always try turning the synchronisation off, and just see if the problem happens again, the time should then just stay at what you'd have said I'd have thought!

Awesome prank though, reminds me of a couple of colleagues I know, one has a wireless mouse and a dongle, and he keeps the dongle plugged into the back of his friends PC, and wiggles the mouse occasionally! lol! His friends hasn't found out yet, he keeps swearing at his mouse!

LOL! I could write a script to do that for them with no need for admin privileges. My friends and I used to prank eachother as often as we could, which was great fun. Cynthia would be behind this if it is a prank, as she is the only one with even close to enough knowledge to do it, and access to both computers besides me in this house. I would not put it past her. :)

However, she is not a coder, and I will admit to having pulled several pranks on her in the past. Not nice, but it was funny LOL

An EX friend of mine once told me about a prank he played on one of his friends at work. He changed the sounds for inserting and removing a USB item to sexual sounds. So, for example, when a flash drive was inserted it would say "Oh yeah!", and when removed it would say somthing like "Leave it in baby!". I almost died laughing.

Last edited:
Even if it where my router, I am basicly locked out of the advanced settings by suddenlink. They do not trust their customers.

Might be worth the call then to have them log in and take a look. As mentioned before the DHCP server within the router can act as what is called a "Time Server" to feed client computers the proper date & time. It really wouldn't surprise me if like their tech forgot to change PM to AM or something stupid-simple like that when setting you up.

Back
Top Bottom