Bootmgr is missing!

Sorry to double post but I'm just thinking and would using a recovery disc work? If it does, (I don't have one) could I email Acer and will they give me one?

that old bootmgr error! lovely. best thing to do is get a full copy of windows and a new hard drive and start again. save you losing all the data from your original hard drive. the usual fix for bootmgr is to reinstall vista without selecting to repair. i'm assuming you've tried this?

Thats wrong, you select the repair option, check my post above, theres a link to it :)

the problem with the repair tool is it often doesn't find the previous installation, hence the error message ... if you can run it then do but it probably won't find the prev install unless you run as a new installation

the upgrade disk IS bootable as i can boot from it and install it i just have to show it my 2000 pro cd. press F8 when your splash screen sometimes your bios will let you select your boot device if you do this. also try other buttons like F6-F12

the problem with the repair tool is it often doesn't find the previous installation, hence the error message ... if you can run it then do but it probably won't find the prev install unless you run as a new installation
You must have been unlucky then, its never let me down yet. :)

the upgrade disk IS bootable as i can boot from it and install it i just have to show it my 2000 pro cd. press F8 when your splash screen sometimes your bios will let you select your boot device if you do this. also try other buttons like F6-F12

When the screen comes up showing my options, (Del for Boot Device), I select CDROM with my XP disc in the drive. It would say Checking CD/DVD and should have shown 'press any key to boot from disc' but it doesn't and gives me the bootmgr error.

How did you get the Vista upgrade on in the first place if you haven't got the upgrade disc either

I've searched for this topic and a few came up but it didn't help me. My brother completely messed up the C drive and formatted everything. All of vista is gone and I can't access my computer. When I try to boot from the XP disc, it should have showed a 'press a key to continue' or something like that but it didn't. It skips that part and tells me that bootmgr is missing.

The only thing I have left in the HDD is my D drive with some games on it. How can I fix this?

Is the disk scrateched? Mine did the same thing and I have to buy a new one! Try blindwrite on anmother computer, burn to a disk and try again.

Back
Top Bottom