Boot up Problems

KoolioPC

Solid State Member
Hello, i just recently put together a computer i ordered, and i'm having some problems. Whenever i boot up i get this,

"Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key"

Now i didn't order a new HD but i do have like 3 i've been switching in and out on Cable Select, and keep getting the same message. For a brief second i can see something about not having a HD connected, but i'm sure at least 1 of the three work-i've used them before and they worked until i replaced them with a better one.

Help? =<

Are they IDE or SATA? It's a new motherboard, right? Put a copy of your OS in and see if you can install from that.

Okay, you should have three connectors on the IDE cable. There should be 2 close together. Switch the way the ends are on the IDE and DVD drive. The top one (master) should go on the hard drive and the second one (slave) goes on the DVD drive.

You should be able to get into BIOS. See if the motherboard is recognizing anything.

Well, i hit F11 for the Boot menu, and some times it will only recognize my Dvd rom, and nothing else.

Okay, that means the hard drive is just bad. Take out the newer hard drive you got to replace the IDE one and put that in the new computer and put the IDE back into the old one. See if it reads that.

Back
Top Bottom