boot up problem

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
i just recently installed windows xp pro on my computer and when it boots up, the blu bar in the boot screen pauses at a certain area, and then continues to go again. this happens 45 times during one boot up. the period of time in between a pause is about 30-40 seconds.

As long as it boots up, everything's ok. My laptop takes like 5 minutes to bootup. Make sure you get rid of unnecessary startup items by doing a MSCONFIG in the Run prompt.

Try what MSFanBoy suggested and if that didn't help much you can always manually edit which programs you want to start on startup. Go to start menu, run, then type in msconfig. In the new window go to the startup tab and you will see all of the processes that start when you boot your computer. Google each process to see if it is needed or not, and if it isn't just uncheck it. Sorry if you already knew this or not but it is defiently worth a shot. I have to do that for friends that complain about slow system startups all the time. Good Luck!

Yeah, not just processes, but services as well. Also...how is your spyware and virus status...that could be contributing to it.

True, I forgot about spyware and adware. You can always download Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware for free from their websites. That is sure to help out system performance some.

Back
Top Bottom