boot files not on c:/

Con to this: Get a rubbish operator on the phone and you will waste hours of life..

lol, this is what happened to me i think, i started out polite, but i'm sure by hour 3 or 4 i had turned...

I'm running windows 10 enterprise, and it is 'activated' now. basically, they gave me the run around for an hour, and there was somewhere near an hour of hold, and then i got someone who i thought could help me, but they just directed me to a forum.... so, yeah, i gave up and did things the easy way...

So, I think i actually found out what the hold up was after having a strangely similar problem with another computer. As far as i can tell, the wrong drive was setup as 'system'. after usiing some command line code from inside the startup recovery program, i was able to rebuild the boot files.

bootrec /rebuildbcd
bootrec /fixboot

then ran diskpart to mark the partition as active

6 rounds of startup repair later it was working again.

So, I think i actually found out what the hold up was after having a strangely similar problem with another computer. As far as i can tell, the wrong drive was setup as 'system'. after usiing some command line code from inside the startup recovery program, i was able to rebuild the boot files.

bootrec /rebuildbcd
bootrec /fixboot

then ran diskpart to mark the partition as active

6 rounds of startup repair later it was working again.

Glad to hear that your problem is fixed. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom