Bolt Nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. So how do you cool a bolt really fast, me and my dad were just spraying water on them earlier but i am thinking perhaps there is a better way.
Now i am thinking logically i can see us needing a welding torch somewhere down the line.

TheFlash dude, the landy is just parked on our driveway, not in the garage (won't fit, roof to high on the discovery)

As I said i believe they used LN02, but I think if you can get your hands on a bottle of C02 an a spray head you might be able to get it cool enough quick enough.

bolt-final-poster.jpg
??????

At least you aren't trying to change out subframe bushings on a 93-97 Intrepid/LHS. Suckers nuts are welded inside the frame in place by a robot, once rusted, you are either going to break the nut loose and have to torch the entire bolt out from the bottom up, or pray that you have enough cutting blades around to cut through the bolt, I swear they are stronger than grade 8 bolts...

Coca-Cola works better than Wd-40 for getting rusted bolts/nuts loose. WD-40 tries to penetrate, Coke eats the rust off. Pour it on liberally and let it sit overnight.

i dont know if they have this stuff in england but if they do then it is a life saver,

..:: Blaster Chemical Companies, Inc. - Product Detail ::..

when we replaced the bumper on my dads '02 chevy silverado we sprayed some of this stuff on it and let is soak over night and in the morning the bolts came right out :D

PB Blaster FTW!!

Also have seen coca cola used for loosening rusty bolts, and cleaning chrome. Crazy stuff.

coke does do a good job for getting rid of corrosion/rust.

but that PB blaster is strong enough to eat through a Styrofoam cpu, so you know that's serious business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom