blurry monitor problem please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakey

Solid State Member
my monitor went blurry overnight and i can't seem to find out what the problem is :mad: but then after a while my computer will crash and the screen will go more blurry than it already was (music will stop playing etc.. and makes this really annoying beeping noise :mad: ) any help would be appreciated thanks in advance :)
I'm guessing i need a new graphics card but why would my computer crash if it was only the graphics card :S I'm confused lol

when the monitor is blurry, its probably a sign of age or overheating.

My monitor is 11 years old, and it gets hot, really fast. It gets blurry when it gets really hot.

thanx for the reply talldude123 but if it was just the monitor (which is about 4 yrs old) why does my computer stop reading from the HDD and everything crashes? :( lol
even if i have just turned the computer on its blurry straight away, i've tried adjusting the hardware acceleration for the monitor but with no luck i have played around with everything i can possibly think of lol

is it a CRT or LCD and are you useing intergraded or agp or pci-e?

what it sounds like is you could have a power issue what kinda watts are you running? it can be low watts or bad psu also if you explaining a hdd failure also.

also idk if you have a laptop or another pc laying around, but try pluging your monitor into something else and see how it works. you can also try un pluging the monitor from everything but the wall for power and when you get that TEST signal with all the pretty colors see if those colors are blury. if its not blury when its not connected to the pc then you know you have a different hardware issue. if those colors come up blury still when not pluged into the pc then its prob the monitor.

its a crt monitor and how would i go about seing what watts its running on? :S not to good with computers lol i don't have any other computers lying around but will use a friends when i get chance =)

well im going to assume you didnt build it so you should have to worry about the psu watts if its a dell or something. but like i said befor eyou take it to a friends house, just plug it into a wall and not the computer and you will see the test colors come up and see if those are blury that way you dont waste your time lugging a big a** CRT around.

sorry to state the obvious its just part of trouble shooting but, when you pluged it in did you press the power button on the monitor ? most crt's need you to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom