Bluetooth Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoMagic33

Baseband Member
Goodmorning folks

I was wondering if somebody could tell me or point me in the correct direction in order to determine if my foolowing question is possible to carry out.

I am looking to develop a web application with hopefully support connections to a bluetooth enable device (PDA or Cell Phone)

Heres my plan/idea

So my web application will sit on the remote server.

A client will connect to the web application and hopefully the local machine will have all the necessary hardware set-up, if it does then the web application will connect with the bluetooth device and exchange information between each other.

So my question is, is this possible to implement? If so could somebody point me in the right direction?

I have been using C# Windows applications and can connect and exhcange locally, but was wating to take it to a web application.

I dont mind changing laguages if necessary?

Many thanks in advance

You want to control a client's bluetooth connected devices from your webapp?
You want to control the server's bluetooth connected devices from a client?
You want your server to accept bluetooth connections to your webapp?

Hi oiffce politics thanks for the links, i will get a read through them here now bud.

Kmote

I am primarly looking for my webb app to accept bluetooth connections.

So for example (Hope i can word this correctly)

Say for insatnce you go to www.gmail.com and you log in with your user name/password. I wanted to add an extra layer of authenication and connect a cell phone via bluetooth and this then would extract IMEI or MAC or BOTH. So hopefully making it more secure?

Would that be possible?

I have been looking at the InTheHand Bluetooth API.

Let me know if you have any suggestions

Appreciate all the help people.
#
Thanks

You should not be trying to determine a clients connection method/type, the fact that they have access to the protocol is good enough.
Beyond that the task is making no sense to me.
1) If the client loads up www.gmail.com then they won't even be calling your web application
2) If you are setting up an additional layer of authentication then couldn't this just be bypassed by going straight to the target service? - Note that encryption only works if both ends are ready for it.
3) Given the above, how does extracting the IMEI/MAC/anything else make it more secure?

Bluetooth APIs will be for when you want to connect two bluetooth devices ie below protocol level

I was using www.gmail.com as an example of a logging in service which would be similar to mine. But i thought if i used that web addy it would make the example easier to understand as i am not great a describbing things.

Any how.

So if i go to the web application and type in my U/N and Pass that could be anybody accessing my account illegally. So i will bringing the bluetooth connection into play so that the device registered unquiely to that user could be used to authenicate the user in addtion to his credentials??

I hope this makes btr sense for you bud

thanks in advance

I am primarly looking for my webb app to accept bluetooth connections.
Web apps on web servers that are accessed via the web don't know anything about Bluetooth. Nor do they know (or care) if you access them via wifi, or any other network protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom