Bluetooth devices

keez1993

Solid State Member
Hi folks, I have 2 different bluetooth devices, i think one is meant to be a transmitter and the other a receiver so obviously are not easily connected

Is it possible to connect these 2 devices since neither have an option to type in a passcode as standard? I mean they have buttons on them to connect to devices such as phones and computers but you have the option to type in a passcode unlike connecting the devices themselves

It is my understanding that if the bluetooth addresses in each of them are the same they would be connected

If you need anymore information just ask, whether you can help or not it'll be greatly appreciated

There are simple devices such as a mouse that don't require a pin while other devices like a laptop or phone do require a pin since there is data involved that could be compromised.

What are the devices are you talking about? Simply stating that 1 is a transmitter and the other a receiver is meaningless. I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding their addresses being the same.

Typically you need to put a BT device in "discovery mode" which broadcasts that it is available to be connected to. Then you use your laptop or whatever to search for available BT devices and when found you then tell them to "pair" with each other.

Sorry i should've mentioned it was a 3.5 mm audio transmitter and receiver. I'm supposed to hold a button down and the transmitter or receiver searches for a device but they don't pick each other up but they can connect to my laptop individually no bother

I think it's the mac address i'm talking about :/

Back
Top Bottom