Bluetooth Audio Controller

This is assuming the speakers are able to perform the media control functions through the remote. I.e., Remote sends signal to speakers to skip track -> Speakers send signal to skip track to OS -> OS sends signal to media player (with specific support for WinAMP since it's a 3rd party media player, rather than sending the signal/control function to WMP).

That's a lot to assume, I'd think. That being said, I don't keep up on wireless speakers so there very well could be something out there that can do this - but as fa as I've heard, there isn't.

Not in my opinion. I think it would be fairly easy to find something that does that actually. But, who am I to talk? I'm a newb! :cool:

Hi again,

carnageX got it right. I don't need BT speakers, or any other speakers. The laptop is connected to the truck's CD player via AUX, so I use the built-in ones. I only need a way to gain basic remote control over Winamp/AIMP3.

Stand alone music player is not an option, as I'm also using the laptop for navigation.

For the record, this is my IR PC remote control, and as you can see it has all the buttons I need. But they only work with WMP.

Hi again,

carnageX got it right. I don't need BT speakers, or any other speakers. The laptop is connected to the truck's CD player via AUX, so I use the built-in ones. I only need a way to gain basic remote control over Winamp/AIMP3.

Stand alone music player is not an option, as I'm also using the laptop for navigation.

For the record, this is my IR PC remote control, and as you can see it has all the buttons I need. But they only work with WMP.

That's kinda what I figured your situation was.

Well, like I said, if you have a smartphone you can run this on your computer (there's also a link to the app to run on the page):

I do have an Android tablet, but it doesn't have BT, so.... Plus I'm a gadget freak :angel: Would love to add another one to my dashboard :lol:

Back
Top Bottom