bluehost/hostmonster, what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluehost and Hostmonster are the same entity. They use two different names to get a bigger market.

I do love they offer Unlimited everything but we all know that is not possible. If you tried uploading files that are a few GB they would be stopping you pretty quick.

Thats not true, I uploaded 2 copies of Win7 to my FTP on my HostMonster account with incident. Then downloaded them to my pc at work.

I do not believe 10GB would out of the ordinary. It is excessive for a website yes but not overkill. When you get into the hundreds at that point they would talk.

They do clarify their stance on this in their terms and conditions. Basically when they say unlimited it just means that they don't have an arbitrary number limit but instead it is restricted to pretty much anything reasonable which makes everything easier. They do say that they are not an online backup service and for me that is fine, that's not what they are there for.
ISPs do a similar thing when they offer "unlimited" downloads. For most intents and purposes it is unlimited simply because it is more than will ever be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom