Blue Screen Of Death!!!

lukey83

Baseband Member
I keep getting this message after I have been using my computer for a few hours. It happens randomly, when I least expect it.

***Harware Malfunction
Call Your Hardware Vendor For Support
NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error
***The System Has Halted***

And then i have to restart. Does anyone know what causes this error message?
It happens on my HP Vectra VL, P3, 256MB RAM, 10GB Maxtor HDD.

Would it be the RAM or HDD? Or something else?

This link shows a pic of what I see... http://simone.seeto.com/NMI_error/index.html

Well, and parity is the even or odd quality of the number of 1's or 0's in a binary code, often used to determine the integrity of data especially after transmission. It's memory, oh yeah. Your ram is messed up. That's an old comp. I wouldn't even attempt to fix it. Just back your old files and start anew.

Well, its just a muck around computer, I pull it apart, and learn from it =)

I have heaps of spare stix of RAM, do you think if I swap the RAM, it what stop this message?

lukey83 said:
Well, its just a muck around computer, I pull it apart, and learn from it =)

I have heaps of spare stix of RAM, do you think if I swap the RAM, it what stop this message?

Yeah, try different rams, just make sure that the mobo supports them.

lhuser said:
It supports PC-66, PC-100 and PC-133

I have heaps of Spare PC133, 128MB stix, and they are supported, but when I switched them over, it seemed to make the problem worse. Normally, this error message only happens once, and then its fine, but when I swapped the RAM it happened another two times within the hour. The RAM i swapped it for was brand new, never used, as well.

O_O oops Your machine may be older than I though b/c even a PII can support 512. Still weird

Back
Top Bottom