Blue Screen of Death - No Display

Bagzli

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,

I was hoping you might be able to help me. I have an acer (yeah I know, there's my problem) aspire, not sure the exact model number, I can look it up if its too important. Few weeks back it started freezing up on me, computer would after a random amount of time just completely freeze. The only time it did not freeze was when I was playing Warcraft Reign of Chaos. I have ran CC Cleaner, Malwarebytes, AVG Scans and all came back with few problems which they cleared out. Did a disk defragment and disk check and I thought I solved the problem. However I didn't so I went with my last resort, using my cd's to restore windows vista back to factory default settings. It ran fine, everything installed no freezes I let it finish its initial installs by acer software w/e its called. So I shut it down afterwards and cleaned all the dust out with compressed air. Now here I had a little accident, the liquid stuff came out of the bottle and hit the motherboard a little, I am not sure if that is the reason for the problem I am having now.

When I boot up windows loads, goes into my account and then start loading default programs and boom blue screen of death about 2 minutes after windows loads (while its still loading start-up programs) I ran it in safe mode, which ran just fine, so I scheduled a disk check from there and let it run on next boot. Disk check finished stages 4/5 and then screen went blank. Computer is still running except there is no output on the screen. I waited a bit and nothing happened so I hard shut it down and back on. I tried to reinstall windows again. I put in my first cd and it was on the window where it says "Windows is loading files" with a big loading bar and it came to about 60% when display went blank again. Now I entered bios and was looking around to see configurations. After 2-3 minutes the screen went blank again. I couldn't find any built in diagnostics I can run to see which pieces of hardware is causing the problem. I am hoping for some guidance in how to proceed and figure out what the problem is.

Last thing to add, desktop is connected to my monitor and my 55' flatscreen, both went blank on every instance.

Thanks for helping,

Bagzli

i have 64 bit windows, this "86" will it work?

i ran sfc /scannow and it came back that some files were corrupted and were unable to be fixed.

I tried again inserting my restore to factory condition cd and it went to 60% again of "Windows is loading files" and screen went blank.

How can I reinstall windows then to fix these files?

Last edited:
it wasn't giving me the option to edit my previous post, so making a new one.

So I ran the pc because I am very stubborn and kept trying to put a windows 8 on it now. I thought I smelt something burning so I shut it down and opened up, found some dust balls in the fan of the video card (I think that's the video card, would explain blank picture) so I pulled it out and started pc, however the fan was not spinning. So I tried to see what's blocking and it made it spin by hand for a few circles and boy another ball of dust fell out and fan started spinning. Pc did not blue screen nor go blank, reinstalling windows again now since I'm worried for those errors that scannow found. I tried installing windows 8 but it failed, not sure why it doesn't say. Will try again once vista reinstalls and updates fully.

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks for helping, I think I can safely assume this was the problem. I must of blown more dust into that fan while I was trying to clean it out.

Cheers!

Bagzli

Find the brand name and model of the hard drive. Scoot over to the makers web site and get the diag software for your drive.
Normally you'd burn a disc but some of them will run off a thumb drive. They tell you how. Do a low level format then run the drive tests. Seems to me you have some bad sectors that need to be sealed off.

Back
Top Bottom