blue screen error

dude_se

Proper Legend
posting on behalf of a friend who cannot get access to site at the moment.

Hi

I keep getting the following blue screen error, and its annoying the hell out of me. I had it with my old dell and with my new dell, i fink it maybe to do weith modem for internet but im not sure ( modem is webstar)

If anyone could help, would really appreciate it

"Technical information:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005.0xF7946A51,0xED14469C,0x00000000)

SACMXp1.sys - Address F7946A51 base at F7946000, DateStamp 3f56d63e

Begining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical group for more assistance"

Also says sum more stuff at the top

... so any ideas guys?

i used to get that all the time with my scientific atlanta Webster Cable Modem. I gave telewest a ring (my ISP) and they said it was something to do with the modem drivers and Pentium 4's (I think, it was a long time ago). They said the solution was to use an ethernet cable instead of a USB cable.

Don't know whether it will work because I decided to just go wireless instead.

ok he says:
thanks, when you go wireless do you get rid of that modem and get a new 1, if so what wireless modem did u get ? , as im wit blueyonder too

theres 2 of these threads for some reason. please just post in this one lol. ive been advised to tell my friend to run mem test. ill let him know when he comes online

well, i didn't go through blueyonder to go wirelss, i just bought the router, connected it to the blueyonder cable modem, set everything up and I was away, no problems.

boot into safe mode

then uninstall all new software
delete new drivers

reboot to safe mode with networking
update BIOS

if any auto updates come up on startup end the with ctrl+alt+del right click the program and select goto processes and end process tree of the highlighted process

yo i had same prob all my prob was that it was my vid card driver, i went to the bfg site and got latest and the mmsg was gone, i got a alot of peopel telling me it was a memory porb... i tested mem for hours (4gb) i also took each one out and tested it, was not mem prob it was a driver man

Back
Top Bottom