Blu-Ray Wins!

toshiba have properly given up now.

announced today that production was stopping.

they are fulfilling any orders that have been placed.

allowing studios to break an contracts that had tied them to the media and only providing limited firmware support from now on for the devices already produced...

Now Blu-Ray has to battle against standard definition DVDs and digital downloads...both of which are vastly more popular than Blu-Ray.

As far as HD DVD dying, I think it's great. Now theres tons of HD DVD movies that are super cheap and are still great HD movies. I was kinda rooting for HD DVD though...shame. I'm not exactly a big fan of Sony and their business practices.

I guess I'll pickup a standalone BD player in the near future...if I don't buy a PS3.

and there gonna beat the 360 this year, it is said that 2008 is the PS3's year to shine

2008 will be a great year for both consoles. The PS3 will seem like it's growing more cause it's suddenly getting all these big titles like Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2 etc. But don't think for a moment that the Xbox 360 doesn't have it's own games. Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Grand Theft Auto IV (yes, I know it's on PS3, but the 360 has exclusive episodic content :D), Halo Wars are all coming up for the 360 and are looking rather good.

Back
Top Bottom