BlockBuster Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
Has anyone signed up for this? I did it through a rewards site and it actually looks pretty cool. I have my movies in my "Q" and stuff but am wondering anyone's experience with BBO.... worth paying for, AOL kind of people to deal with, gets really lame after a while, etc.

If not BBO, Netflix?

With Block Buster online I heard you can rent console games which is pretty neat, however BBO can't beat Netflix movie database. I subscribe to Netflix (3 movies, unlimited for about $20) which is a pretty good deal if you rent a lot of movies. Pretty fast delivery also, takes only 1 business day. I haven't tried BBO, no need to since there are like 2 BB stores and 2 Hollywood near by if I want to rent console games :bald:

i chose blockbuster cause they were paying 9 dollars more lol, but just in general, the online renting of movies is worth it you say?

the reason i've never done it is because 1, i never plan ahead for movie nights, etc. and 2, if i feel like watching a movie now, i want to watch it NOW.... in a day or so it just won't be the same.

when you say "selection", what exactly do you mean?

LAW'S REASONING

:)

but really, do you mean they have some more obscure films and such?

LOL, family guy is funny.

You save money though if you think about, my plan is $20 a month, unlimited movies but you can only have 3 at a time but if you watch them and send them out quickly you could get 6 a week and 3 week a month = 18 movies on average that's 18 movies for $20 instead of going to BB store or Hollywood each movie is like $5x18 = $90, am I doing the math right LOL. I'm pretty sure you save if you're patience.

they have any naughty movies.

is that a question? lol

but that's what i figured about the movies.... i mean it's definatelly worth it in terms of value, but if I don't want to watch a movie once i get it i feel like i just wasted it, which was my concern

I have 2 or 3 months free so i guess time will tell :)

No I meant to say they don't have any LOL

Anyways, with BB store or Hollywood you spend more but they always have the latest movie out fast however they don't have much so it's usually out before you can get a copy. With Netflix or BB online, they will have it because they can ship it from their plenty of store locations near your location or state, and Netflix has more selection and it's more convient IMO to do a simple search for the movie you want instead of looking around BB store or Hollywood like your doing shopping there or something LOL.

thats a really good point...

i'm looking forward to my movies coming :)

i orderd 3 so far, possidon, benchwarmers, and scarymovie 4... not the BEST movies, but good ones for a movie night or something with some friends

I still rent the old-fashioned way, but I haven't rented a movie since December 05.

I just saw an ad saying that Rogers Video got rid of late fees/restocking fees. I'm curious on how that works.

Rogers Video?

lol lackluster, pardon, blockbuster video did the same thing, or is that what your talking about. They got rid of late fees, but it was soemthing like if you lose the video they charge you 100 dollars, or if it's over 10 days late then they charge you 5 dollars a day, etc. There was some catch that my sisters friend knew about (working in a local movie rental store and used to work at blockbuster)

but i don't have any late fees either :p

What? $100 dollar for losing a video LOL..that's just nasty. BBO and Netflix = no late fees but if you don't return the movies, you don't get the next one in your queue. Not sure about the penalty for losing a movie though. I think that could be a problem if the mail system loses it or someone steals it from your mailbox. Big problem there. Not for me though since the mail man just stuff it through my door LOL, and the DVD doesn't really fit but he makes it go through. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom