block vpn programs

shoto tadumadze

Beta member
hello, I am using kerio firewall to block sites, but my stuff know how to use hotspot hsield or verified vpn, please help me to block these programs with firewall

Your sentence is a bit broken up - but if you are asking how to block hotspots - you really can't. There is nothing you can do from a technology standpoint with the exception of wrapping your building in tinfoil to block someone from using their own hotspot or phone as a hotspot.

Verified VPN? Gonna have to explain that one to me as well.

If you are trying to block traffic on YOUR network, looking at the Kerio website i see VPN specific features, but i'm not seeing anything on their website (i only glanced) that says web filtering. There are dozens of other applications that can do web and content filtering on YOUR network if desired.

I am not talking about phone as a hotspot, hotspotshield and verified vpn are programs that changes your public ip adress and you can pass through the firewall and access sites like facebook or youtube. I want configure a rule that does not allow change public ip adress

Ahh - i think doing so you would have to ensure UAC is on (if you are talking vista or later) and remove the admin rights to all users except actual admins. After that is done most programs like the ones you outlined won't work because those actions require admin rights.

Alternatively you could block those programs from being installed on the application level.

Ahh - i think doing so you would have to ensure UAC is on (if you are talking vista or later) and remove the admin rights to all users except actual admins. After that is done most programs like the ones you outlined won't work because those actions require admin rights.

Alternatively you could block those programs from being installed on the application level.

+1 on that, beef up UAC and block the websites where they are DL them from, also you can install a program like PDQ inventory (which we use at work) on one of your servers, you can scan all computers/laptops within your network for programs and remotely remove them.

Your sentence is a bit broken up - but if you are asking how to block hotspots - you really can't. There is nothing you can do from a technology standpoint with the exception of wrapping your building in tinfoil to block someone from using their own hotspot or phone as a hotspot.

I know this ended up not being the actual topic at hand, but there are security features on enterprise-grade wireless access points (WAPs) that are designed to shoot down "rogue" wireless networks. They typically have a whitelist of WAPs that they should expect to see, and fire de-auth packets at any WAPs that aren't on the whitelist. Given the massive performance advantage the enterprise-grade WLANs have over network cards on phones and tablets (it boils down to packets-per-second), they tend to win.

Back
Top Bottom