Blank Media Issue

thatguy512

Baseband Member
Can someone please tell me why i have two CD-R cd's and one of them will not work in a stereo system.

The CD-R cd's i have are

Memorex cool colors CD-R (works)
TDK CD-R (doesn't work)

Both of the blank media are 700MB 80 mins

the momorex is x48 speed i'm not sure about the TDK disk.

CD-Rs normally work fine as audio CDs, are you sure you burnt it as such and the CD isn't damaged? If not then without getting very long and complicated you were probably just unlucky, I've heard some makes of CD-R haven't played nicely with all audio equipment but never run across problems with good discs myself. CD-RWs on the other hand are a totally different ball game, they'll rarely work with domestic equipment since they don't conform to the red book standard - some good, high end CD players can still read them but it's very hit and miss, especially with standard domestic equipment.

I would venture to guess that the stereo system you have just doesn't like the TDK disk. Not all disks are created equal. Some work better than others.

So, does the TDK cd work on other players?

The disk work with the stereo system i'm using but it doesn't work all the time.I would have to play the disk and hope it would work and if not i would just stop the disk and click play again until it worked

CD-Rs normally work fine as audio CDs, are you sure you burnt it as such and the CD isn't damaged? If not then without getting very long and complicated you were probably just unlucky, I've heard some makes of CD-R haven't played nicely with all audio equipment but never run across problems with good discs myself. CD-RWs on the other hand are a totally different ball game, they'll rarely work with domestic equipment since they don't conform to the red book standard - some good, high end CD players can still read them but it's very hit and miss, especially with standard domestic equipment.

Well i'm sure the disk arn't damaged because i'm burned multiple disk using windows media player and none of them are damaged.By any chance would u be able to recommend some good disk from memorex that come in pack of 50 or 100 maybe that don't cost a to much.I just would like some good disk lol thx

I agree with AR, some cd-r disks are better than others. Dynex brand cd-rs for example, are crap cds manufactured for use as coasters.

Hahahaha, I glanced at the thread title and almost thought it said "Black Media Issue" :p

I would venture to guess that the stereo system you have just doesn't like the TDK disk. Not all disks are created equal. Some work better than others.

Yeah, generally I go for Memorex or TDK blank discs. Sometimes the cheap no-name brands are too crappy.

Hahahaha, I glanced at the thread title and almost thought it said "Black Media Issue" :p

Yeah, generally I go for Memorex or TDK blank discs. Sometimes the cheap no-name brands are too crappy.

lol if TDK disk are so good for youi why are they crap for me?Can you give me an average u spend on memorex disk in packs of 50?

lol if TDK disk are so good for youi why are they crap for me?Can you give me an average u spend on memorex disk in packs of 50?

Manufacturing error? Bad luck for you? I wouldn't know why they're crap for you, but TDK has always been solid for me.

Can't remember how much Memorex is...I don't burn enough media to remember the price.

Back
Top Bottom