Blank DVD's

Generally, there is no true "best" brand when it comes to bland media. It really depends on what works best for you. I have had the best luck with sky brand CDs and DVDs but for other people I know they don't work as well as memorex.

Honestly, I'd buy like a small 5 or ten pack of all the brands you could and try them out to see what works best for you.

Firstly , HI and welcome to CF, as to your question you can go for brand names but after a while you will find its personal preference, where are you from, I'm from the UK and tend to go for offers so I use 7 DAY SHOP.COM, I like epro DVD-R but there are plenty others like Data write,SONY, TDK.MEMOREX the list goes on and on, what you will find is if you buy them in bulk you will get them cheaper it also depends on you DVD writer as to which type you get although most do DVR-R & DVD+R and dual layer.

yea i dont find a huge difference, although sometimes i find some of the cheaper ones fail during burning but a lower write speed usually ensures this doesnt happen. just see whats on offer and choose some that you are happy with, and if they are no good then learn from that.

I've never had problems with any brand I've used. I tend to use Memorex, Sony or Dynex (Best Buy Brand). I usually just go for whatever is cheaper and it hasn't failed me yet.

I've never had problems with any brand I've used. I tend to use Memorex, Sony or Dynex (Best Buy Brand). I usually just go for whatever is cheaper and it hasn't failed me yet.

I had a bad batch of Data write red so I certainly will not be using any more of those.

Hello I am from the States. I am not sure as to which DVD to buy really since I am using the DVD writer that came with my computer.

I also have some nice software that came with it but I am not sure what to make of it. Have you heard of Power DVD and Power2Go? Are they effective for burning DVD's?

My purpose is to burn rental movies although it says that it has copyright protection. Maybe my software can bypass this protection.

Power DVD is you software that lets you watch DVDs but Ive never hear of the other one, maybe another member can help you out on that.

Back
Top Bottom