Blackberry "Storm"

Using rice is just a temporary fix your phone will probly die soon you should probly get a new 1 or replace it

no it isn't. Pure water is not harmful to the circuitry in phones. What the rice does is get the water back out, so voltage can be safely applied. As long as it had only water, and the phone was off/battery removed, there is no chance it could hurt it. What hurts wet phones are impurities (like if it fell in soda) or short circuiting. If the phone was shorted in a harmful way, it would be apparent by now, and since it was in rain, there were not nearly enough impurities to do any damage.

Now LCDs, speakers, mics are a different story... I was talking purely about the electronic parts. Still, they are not gonna up and die months later.

As above, rice isn't a temporary thing, just helps to get the water out. It's basically just accelerating the drying out process.

I'd also echo what was said about not turning it on until it's completely dry... it may be frustrating waiting but you'll always do more harm than good turning it on when it's wet.

That said, I have experienced equipment work after being soaked then subsequently die pretty soon afterwards, this wouldn't be an unusual situation so bear it in mind if you heavily rely on your phone.

I love my storm, it's been through a lot of crap and it keeps on chuggin, awesome phone.

ANOTHER UPDATE
Still working fine. The buttons are a little less sensitive and the touch screen is slightly less responsive. However I do believe I'm up for a new phone anytime now. I'll have to check it out. I am prepared for it to quit on my at anytime as I've heard other people say theirs was wet and it worked for weeks/months and then just stopped. Hoping mine will be months and not weeks....LOL.

Back
Top Bottom