black outs...again

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
today i was playing BF2 and then all of a sudden the screen went black and just crashed to my desktop. this has happened a lot lately and it has happened in the past. i downloaded the latest driver for my 6500 (91.31) and and i have all my settings on video either on medium or low. these were the settings i had for the game before the new update. i have enough space for it to run and i have 1 gig of ram. any ideas on what i can do?

Hmm, looks like Nvidia have built in crash protection too.

ATI cards you see has a built in tool to not crash the computer completly if the card goes belly up, so it simply resets the video, and saves the computer from having to be reset.

I don't know what could be the cause though. Its not overheating though is it?
Have you got a thermal sensor on the card you can see through settings?

If these aren't problems and its happening on other games, it could be something to do with the card.

Check also the fans working correctly.

Yeah, it could be caused by over heating... or maybe bad power supply coming to it (bad connection), I don't know if that card needs direct power connection though... Still, as Kage said, check your temps and fans.

I have the exact same problem with my 1.6, and actually any hl2, or even hl game that I have come across.

Its weird....................................

And its not because its overheating.

Weird...

Are the games fully patched up?

If theres an option within Nvidia drivers to turn off the protection on the video card to reset it if anything happens, you might be able to find out the cause by an error message.

Because I know for sure you can with ATI drivers, which would stop the video card rebooting itself.

Well, I thought that my Gcard just couldnt handle it anymore.

Because, what happens with hl2 on max, i can play for about 5 miuntes, and then It just exits out. But usually when it happens on 1.6 its when im loading a server or searching for one.

Thats very weird...

Could it be the video cards just getting old and becoming tempormental or what?

Hold, RAM can be faulty. I used to have programs close all of a sudden because of that.

Back
Top Bottom