bittorrent

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
hi i am new to bittorrent. i am trying to download a large file "4 point something gb) and i want to know if there is any way to speed up the download. it only is downloading in the 8- 10 kbps range, and i would assume it is capable of going faster. anyone have any ideas on how to make it go faster? any help would be greatly appreciated.

We dont talk about this here sorry. But, ill leave it open... As your just asking how to speed up a download. Nothing illigal.

It sepends what your downloading. If your downloading things with alot of "seeds" (people uploading) then your get a quicker download. But if there are loads of "leechers" (people downloading) It will be slower.

Make sure you check the options to make sure you havent got a limit on how fast you can download. And change your upload speed to 1KB

Right now im downloading at 105 kb ;)

Then your downloading something un-popular. Leave your computer on for 48 hours and it will speed up and slow down at diffrent times.

What speed internet do you have?

Well, when using torrent downloaders, at my house, If I switch all the computers, and network related hardware down, it speeds up slightly. While you are downloading it, dont browse the internet, or download anything via http. You will find that downloading torrents via Bitlord, Bittorrent, all that, that it will slow the whole network down.

99nasha said:
It sepends what your downloading. If your downloading things with alot of "seeds" (people uploading) then your get a quicker download. But if there are loads of "leechers" (people downloading) It will be slower.

Make sure you check the options to make sure you havent got a limit on how fast you can download. And change your upload speed to 1KB

Right now im downloading at 105 kb ;)

Dont ever change your upload too 1kb, the lower your upload the slower the download. I get around 180kb on albums, but I keep the upload at 30kb. The albums do have seeds, but I think if you turn you upload down, the download speed will be affected. Well atleast it is in my case.

hello, i did too have slow downlaods with the torrent netowrk, but i solved them by:

1) for you client use, azerus.
2) your upload rate is prortional to your downalod rate.
3) make sure that ports 6881-6889 are open(especailly if you have a router or firewall.
4) i especailly love azerus, where you can check the health of your network connection and the torrents health.
5) goto help, about health...and compare the circles(smiles) by the torrent detials, in my torrents, and make sure everythig going fine..
6) for more information, do a google search for "slow bittorrent downlaod speeds" or visit:
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=493

Back
Top Bottom