bit of help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

over haul

Solid State Member
i have a comp like year 1/2 old and lately been having problem running games mainly css i get rearlly bad fps iv tried most things in game and what i can think of. but nothing seems to help much my comp is rather decent and i think should be running the game fairly easily but isnt i have

pent 4 3.00ghz
1 gig ram
geforce 6600 le

it also seems to over heat alot does any one know what could be causing my cmputer to run like crap????

thanks

Heat could be from heatsink not making full contact to CPU. Possibly fans blocked (ie. dust). Fans stopped. Not enough fans. Tons of reasons.

Try video card drivers. That's the only reason i can think of why your computer doesn't run CS:S good. Other than that, your specs are above the recommended specs for CS:S.

yeh thats what i was thinking like in css there is a video stress test which gives you an average fps alot of the time im getting from 20-40 but the odd few times iv had over 100 so i know its capable of doing it just annoying that it isnt performing

Could be a virus/malware/spyware/overheating. First run scans for everything and dust out your computer with compressed air, make sure you get all of the fans and heatsinks.

also try disabling all ur unwanted start up programs.

CSS has had a few updates recently, and added HDR to some maps, which is automatically turned on. think dust1 has it. ull need to turn that off to get the best fps.

guys got it working pretty good now i think the problem was dust above the heatsink there was a big fat layer got rid of that and seems to be good again thanks so much =D

and my x fire is foggy10 if any one wants to add me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom